The jury was headed by the American filmmaker, producer and actor
The jury members are:
- Timur Bekmambetov, film director, screenwriter, producer;
- Klim Shipenko, Film director, screenwriter, producer and actor
- Igor Prokopenko, Russian documentary filmmaker, journalist, TV presenter and writer
- Natalia Abakumova, Director of the State Museum of the History of Cosmonautics named after K. E. Tsiolkovsky;
- Vladimir Ustimenko, head of the press service of the Roscosmos State Corporation;
- Pavel Vinogradov, pilot-cosmonaut, Hero of the Russian Federation;
- Dmitry Yakunin, Executive Director of the Youth Center of the Union of Cinematographers of Russia
- Alena Zvantsova, film director, screenwriter;
- Nadezhda Stepanova, Marketing and Strategic Development Director of the Gosfilmofond, Art Director of the Illusion Cinema
About 800 films from more than 80 countries of the world applied for participation in the competition. The winners will be nominated in three categories: Best Feature Film, Best Documentary, and Best Short Film.
In addition to screenings of competitive, retrospective and full-dome films, the festival program includes lectures, exhibitions, master classes and creative meetings with representatives of the cinematographic and scientific community.
The following events will be held in line with the Tsiolkovsky ISFF:
- lecture by the Russian writer, playwright, screenwriter, art critic, journalist and TV presenter Oleg Shishkin “Coast of the Universe. A Brief History of Soviet Space Cinema ";
- lecture "Languages of the World and the Language of the Universe" delivered by Russian conference interpreter, professor of the Moscow State Linguistic University Dmitry Petrov ;
- a creative meeting with a TV presenter, actor, screenwriter, prose writer, People's Artist of the Russian Federation Leonid Yakubovich;
- lecture "Space We Don't Know" with a demonstration of Igor Stanislavovich's new film "What Space Smells Like" delivered by documentary filmmaker, journalist, TV presenter and writer Igor Prokopenko;
- a creative meeting with the Hero of the Russian Federation, pilot-cosmonaut of the Russian Federation Alexander Misurkin;
- lectures delivered by famous astronomers and scientists Oleg Ugolnikov, Sergey Yazev, Dmitry Vibe, Anton Biryukov and Andrey Lobanov;
A press conference dedicated to the film festival will take place at the TASS press center (Moscow) on April 7. Registration is open on the official TASS website. The online broadcast will be available on the website and social networks of the festival and TASS portal.
The Tsiolkovsky ISFF is held with a grant from the President of the Russian Federation, provided by the Presidential Grants Fund and with the support of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation, the Government of the Kaluga Region, the Roscosmos State Corporation, the State Museum of the History of Cosmonautics named after K E. Tsiolkovsky, the State Film Fund of Russia, Bosco Manufactures LLC and other commercial and public organizations.
Tsiolkovsky ISFF web-site: https://space-fest.ru